Thursday, November 17, 2011

Goals

What do you expect?

A new year is starting soon and it makes you start to think about what goals to set.
First I got going in money terms, what is possible and what stakes can i play?
Not to high but not to low, making $1,000,000 should be a realistic goal.

Then I started to question myself, of course there is satisfaction in making a lot of money, but the barrieres for what a lot of money is and your own satisfaction will always move.
Since my purpose of playing poker is not making X amount of money, a set money goal cannot be inspiring or have any true meaning for my happiness or the effect of my performance.

In my first session with Erik ( my sport psychologist) he said after ten minutes: "you don't sound happy with what you are doing". At first i wanted to deny what he was seeing, but then I started to question why i was doing this and putting so much time into something that wasn't making me happy?

My goals for 2012 (from now on) will be :

Playing poker will make me strive towards being a better human being and optimize my performance at any time as a professional athlete.

Being happy with what I am doing and seek the joy in every minute spent on my work, otherwise I should seek other routes.

Play within my boundaries and always try to challenge my game.

Do you learn?

It never stroke me that i did go a long way this year but when i checked HEM the highest I played in JAN was PLO $200 and without taking any shots i kept on moving up this year.

I haven't analyzed what made me move that rapidly since from my point of view I never looked at it as going fast.
I have to admit that analyzing isn't my strong side and that is something i have to work on if I am truly going to take on the highest stakes online.
Since my talent comes from learning by doing I have started to focus more on playing good regulars HU .
It takes much effort playing good opponents and I can't say that i rather play a tough game than an easy whale, but it have truly evolved my game in a short time and as the adrenaline junkie I am I will keep on seeking tough opponents for HU matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment